Amzing Article About Dryer Repair in Brooklyn
(And if you looking for the best Dryer Repair in Brooklyn, NY simply call us now: (347) 754-6600 🙂 )
Dryer Repair in Brooklyn – A dryer is a big appliance for drying clothes, bedding, towels and other linens. Moisture is removed from clothing with a combination of air, heat and movement. Gas and electrical dryers differ mainly in the heat source. The gasoline and electric models use a motor to turn a drive belt. The drive belt rotates the drum that holds the clothes. A blower directs air from the heat source to the drum, where it draws lint and moisture from the tissues through a fluff filter and vent. The controls on the device set the options, such as temperature and drying time. Some machines use mechanical timers while others use digital electronics.
HOW TO DETECT DRYER FAULTS
Here are a few reoccurring faults you can easily spot out your cloth dryer;
- If your dryer does not work at all, check the power supply panel for a tripped circuit breaker or fused fuse and test the power cord.
- If it takes a long time for the dryer to dry, clean the lint screen and clean or the vent.
- If the engine is running, but the dryer is not warming up, test the controls on the unit and the electric heater. Or you can call a professional to service a gas element.
- If the engine is running, but the drum does not turn, check the drive belt.
- If the drying temperature is too high, clean the lint filter, clean the exhaust duct and ventilation, test the thermostats, test and replace the heating element if necessary.
- If the dryer is excessively noisy, level it with the adjustable feet and tighten the loosened screws on the housing and back panel.
DIY STEPS ON DRYER REPAIR
If you are a novice at handling machines, you will need to adhere solely on every directive as given below. In the case of dryers, there are steps you need to take to commence repairs;
Frequent problems you might face;
- No heat (electric model); tumble dryer works however.
- No heat (gas model).
- The clothes do not dry, but there is heat.
- The dryer does not work at all.
- The drum does not turn; the engine runs, however.
Most likely cause;
- Fuses or circuit breakers, thermostats or heating elements.
- Nightlight or thermostats.
- Ventilation screen or lint.
- Fuses or circuit breakers, or door switch.
Fuses and Circuit Breakers: A dryer heater runs on 220 volts and its motor on 110. So an electrical appliance requires two good fuses or circuit breakers to work properly. Check both.
Thermostats: These temperature controllers are most often located near the dryer blower housing or exhaust passage. Look for round disks (there are usually two) that each has two attached wires. Before doing anything technical, lightly tap the thermostats housing with a screwdriver. It is possible that a contact is stuck and that the tap can detach it. If this does not work, you should test the thermostats with your continuity tester.
Heating Element: Again, you will have to look in your dryer to find where it is. Look for coiled wires that pass through porcelain insulators. Remove the cables and test the element with your lamp or meter.
Nightlight: If the pilot goes off continuously, even if you have turned it on again and again, following the manufacturer’s instructions, a new set of pilot locking and unlocking is probably required. It’s preferable to call an expert for this one.
Vent: Check the vent outlet of the dryer to see if hot air is blowing through the outlet. Otherwise, the vent may be clogged with dust or lint. Remove the obstruction and see if it helps.
Lint Filter: This small filter is usually located behind a hatch somewhere in the dryer and must be cleaned before each load to allow for maximum hot air circulation in the machine.
Door switch: This small button on the inside of the door stops the machine when the door is opened for safety reasons. To test it, press the switch. If the click occurs, then you know that the part is working properly. If this produces no sound when you push it, you will need to install a new one.
Drum Obstruction: To see if lint or anything is preventing the drum from turning, you must remove the front panel from the machine. Now get rid of any lint that might be blocking the drum or its support rollers.
In summary, always know before you embark on doing the repairs yourself, you are sure you are up to the task. If not, you can always contact us at appliancerepairbrooklynnyc.com where we will be happy to assist you in your repairs.
Dryer Repair in Brooklyn just call us now: (347) 754-6600